SUPSA hereby invites applications for the Management Team (Manager and Coach) for the 2017 South African Team to compete at the ISA World Stand Up Paddleboarding and Paddleboarding Championships to be held in Denmark from 1 – 10 September 2017.
This is a unique opportunity to participate as a team member in a unique competitive celebration of the sport of paddleboarding with the world’s best athletes at a truly world class international sports event.
The successful candidates will be responsible for the following key areas:
The Coach will assume overall responsibility for Team training, conditioning, performance and motivation both prior to, and during, the event. The candidate should ideally thus be able to demonstrate ability working:
- with elite athletes, preferably with competition and/or coaching experience at national or international surfing and/or paddle racing events.
- within a team dynamic in an intensely competitive team event environment
The Manager will assume overall responsibility for managing the team including the responsibility for budgeting, expenditure and fundraising, as well as liaison with and reporting to SUPSA. The candidate should ideally thus be able to demonstrate the ability to carry out the following responsibilities:
- successfully manage a large team of athletes and support staff in a major event environment over a 2 week period.
- plan and implement all team logistics prior to departure and during the event.
- successfully liaise with the local and international media and manage the teams social media presence
- manage communication between athletes, management and event officials while fostering team spirit and managing team discipline.
The persons appointed to both positions:
- Will be awarded full Protea colours.
- Must be South African residents, with either a SA passport or ID.
- Are required to fund the costs of their own trip to the extent that team fundraising does not cover the costs of travel and accommodation.
If you’d like the SUPSA National Team Selection Committee to consider you for either position please submit your application with a CV to Dave Maxwell at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2017.
Dual Location Highlights Innovative Format for ISA SUP Worlds Event
The International Surfing Association (ISA) has confirmed today that Vorupør and Copenhagen will co-host the 2017 ISA World StandUp Paddle (SUP) and Paddleboard Championship in Denmark on 1-10 September 2017 in an innovative format that will see the SUP Surfing and Technical Race events in Vorupør and the Distance Racing events right in the heart of Copenhagen.