“Today the team got on the water for the first team since arriving yesterday. We had a window period from 2pm where we were allowed to paddle the course with a lot of the buoys already laid out it was great to get a feel for where we will be racing. The team all commented on the beauty of the city from the water it’s a truly beautiful place to paddle . The team are in high spirits and are adjusting well to life in Copenhagen dodging cyclists and taking in the culture of the city.” – Jackie LeCourt De Billot – Captain
To watch the event live streaming go to www.isaworlds.com #Denmark #isaworlds #surfingaouthafrica.
Team SA are safely on route to Denmark and will be arriving this afternoon in Copenhagen. To follow the team and all events please go to www.isaworlds.com or www.copenhcoldhawaii.com.
Get on board and SUPPORT TEAM SA!
The time has arrived and the Team is checked in and heading to the #ISAWorlds #Denmark #SurfingSA. The team depart tonight and head to Dubai and then onto Copenhagen. The event will start on Friday 1st September with the Parade of Nations from 3pm till 5pm.
To view the ceremony and follow the #ISAWorlds on www.isaworlds.comi
The sad reality in South Africa is that a child goes missing every five hours, according to figures released by the South African Police Service Missing Persons. Missing Children South Africa is a registered non-profit organisation who devote their time to bringing these missing children home safely. Fortunately, according to Missing Children South Africa’s statistics, 77% of children are found. Sadly, this still leaves them with at least 23% of the children not being located, largely attributed to huge budget restraints.
On Saturday, 09 September 2017, Surf Emporium will host their annual Surf Emporium Celebrity Surf Day to raise funds for MCSA in order to assist them in their incredible mission, whereby all proceeds are donated to MCSA. We will have a total of 100 spots available for a fun, group surf lesson!
People can get involved in 4 easy ways, namely:
1. Sign up for a 1.5 hour surf lesson with a team of South African celebrities.
Spend the morning surfing with your favourite celebrities. This will be a 100 person group lesson where the celebrities will move between the learners of the group.
- The celebrities this year include SA cricketers Dale Steyn, Faf du Plessis & Morne Morkel, alongside funnyman, Nik Rabinowitz as well as Olympic medalist Cameron van der Burgh and more!
- 1.5 hour professional surf coaching
- All equipment hire including surf board, wetsuit & rash-vest
- Professional high resolution images
- A participation certificate
- Celebrity signed Surf Emporium peak cap
- Post surf vida e caffe lunch
Looking for a fun team-building event?
In addition to the above, we also have incredible corporate group offerings which are amazing for team-building and/or end of year functions to encourage camaraderie, whilst doing something fun and for a great cause:
- Only R3990 – for a group booking of 10 employees/clients.
- Only R7980 – for a group booking of 20 employees/clients
Food for thought: If your office is too big, book out multiple groups or separate your departments for some friendly competition!
2. Sponsoring a child from Waves 4 Change and allowing them the opportunity to surf with the group of celebrities
Sponsor a child from Waves for Change the opportunity to participate in the lesson above. People can also make a “donation” of an amount of their choice, knowing that R399 gives one child a place but if there are smaller donations it adds to towards a child’s place. 100% of the donation goes to MCSA.
3. Purchasing memorabilia that has been donated where 100% of the sale will go to MCSA
Purchasing a variety of memorabilia items on sale. 100% of the sale goes to MCSA. These items will go on display in the Surf Emporium Surf School front window as soon as we have them.
4. Purchasing a raffle ticket
Purchasing a raffle ticket for R100. 100% of the sale goes to MCSA. These “raffle packages” can be on display at the store for people to see what they can win. People can purchase online or in store.
We are currently reaching out to everyone we know to possibly assist with the following:
- Securing surf lesson bookings
- Selling corporate packages
- Purchasing a raffle ticket(s)
- Acquiring any donated hampers for the raffle
- Acquiring any possible memorabilia to sell
**Please note: all contributions are 100% tax deductible and we can provide you with an official tax reference letter from MCSA.